Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
I'm a newbie with pain
putaspinonit posted:
.I'm a newbie
i noticed that my fingers were turning. My doctor said I am getting rheumatoid arthritis. that was 6 months ago, well lately I've noticedI have pain in my right hand middle finger which is not one the is turning. what can I do. The company I work for dropped our insurance. because we just got a government contract.

Scott Zashin, MD responded:
For patients who have RA, early treatment with disease modifying drugs can help prevent damage, deformity and maintain function. If you do have RA and don't have insurance look into public hospitals or clinics that provide care to patiens without insurance and limited income. If it turns out to be osteoarthritis, at this time we treat the symptoms as there is not proven disease modifying drugs or supplements.

Featuring Experts

Scott Zashin, MD is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School and maintains a private practice at Presb...More

Helpful Tips

Dry eyes and dry mouthExpert
Patients with RA may develop dryness of the eyes and mouth due to a condition called secondary Sjogrens Syndrome. The dryness is due to ... More
Was this Helpful?
32 of 39 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.