Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Is is RA or not?
macjo posted:
So been in pain in my right hip / leg for 25+ years, about a year ago, started hurting in my right shoulder arm, then left knee, and left hip off & on. Went to regular doc, put me on NSAID RX and did bloodwork. Came back with elevated RF factor 7.99 he diagnosed me with mild RA. Older sister has RA & Sjorgens sydrome. He put me on Methotrexate. My sister advised I see a rheumy. Had to wait 4 months, taking Methotrexate, so finally see rheumy and she says can't be RA and stop Methotrexate.. So has anyone else experienced this type of thing? I am in pain in right side mostly and can't sleep on that side... too painful... Any suggestions???

xperky responded:
Sorry you are getting mixed diagnoses. That's frustrating. If you get a swollen joint, call your rheumy to go in and have some fluid drawn and analyzed. That might help the dx process.

I have trouble sleeping on my sides too, especially the left hip. I'm trying to find a soft, thick mattress topper. In the winter, I have found my heated mattress pad to help with the hip/joint pain at night.

My best relief is with Tramadol. You can also try the Lidoderm patches. They are expensive but I've had great relief from night pain with them.

I hope you get some more suggestions, and good luck to you.

Featuring Experts

Scott Zashin, MD is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School and maintains a private practice at Presb...More

Helpful Tips

mouth sores
I recently read that when one takes methotrexate as many of us do with RA and Sjogrens Syndrome, it can make your levels of folic acid drop ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.