Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Diet RA
gravenberg posted:
I have been diagnosed with RA since April. I have heard that
diet is very important. I was wondering do you have any suggestions
of what to eat. I heard to get off of meat and dairy products. Have
anyone had to change your diet and you're feeling better?

ramickey responded:
About 9 months ago I joined Weight Watchers so I changed my diet, less cookies and snacks and more fresh food, veggies and fruit. I still eat meat and dairy but I've cut down on caffeine. I have noticed that I have more energy and I feel like being more active which helps the RA. Still have those bad days when my hands hurt too much to type or my feet hurt to wear shoes but I think staying away from processed food is probably a good idea. At WW the suggest you shop the perimeter of the grocery store when shopping, fruits, veggies, meats and dairy stay away from the inside isles.

Featuring Experts

Scott Zashin, MD is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School and maintains a private practice at Presb...More

Helpful Tips

mouth sores
I recently read that when one takes methotrexate as many of us do with RA and Sjogrens Syndrome, it can make your levels of folic acid drop ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.