Skip to content
Acivities of daily living
An_246691 posted:
Hi Gang,
My hands are so achey and I have difficulty grasping tightly, along with it really hurting to do so. Even though I've had my hair cut short, I still like to use a curling iron now and then. Does anyone know of one that is easy on the hands? I Thanks

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi and welcome to WebMD,

I really do hope others here will chime in with their ideas on this.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. ~Joseph Campbell

An_246765 responded:
I have a lot easier time with a straightener in the mornings because they're already open. I know you can buy some that are a straightener and curler in one. I'm not sure how tight a curl you're trying to get but maybe that would work better?

xperky replied to An_246765's response:
I like my "straightener" too. It is actually a convex/concave shape and can add waves and body to my style. I like that the outsides aren't hot in case my fingers make a mistake. I found mine at Sally Beauty Supply for not much money. They have a large selection and the salespeople are helpful.

bleeski responded:
Thank you so much for the advice on the straightener.I asked my beautician for a demo and it works well.Much easier to use as the curling iron had a tight spring.I now have a new hair style that I like. It may seem like a small issue in the scheme of things but I'm new to this and trying to do everything I can to make life easier.I appreciate the RA community coming to my aid. Best wishes to all.

Featuring Experts

Scott Zashin, MD is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School and maintains a private practice at Presb...More

Helpful Tips

R.A.
Thanks everyone for the postings about R.A. being in the sacroilliac joint. It is a very debilitating pain, when combined with scoliosis ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.