Skip to content
jobs for people with arthitis
Anon_81997 posted:
What types of work are best suited for people with arthitis LIKe RA & OA? I am looking for a new job and thought about my medical conditions this time more carefully.I thought I would ask to see if theres any jobs that are better than others?

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi and welcome to WebMD,

I look forward to seeing what others here have to say. I do think you'll need to consider where you feel the RA the worst because what works for one person may not work for another.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. ~Joseph Campbell

Born_to_be_blonde responded:
I am a receptionist and office manager and it is perfect. I get the perfect balance of being on my feet and sitting down. I seem to have quite a bit more cpu knowledge than the others that I work with so I create a lot of organizational charts and do most of the corspondance (sp) between departments.

I have been really lucky to have the abilty to order things to make my life easier at work too. I have cushions for my mouse hand, in front of the keyboard, a fan/heater for those days I cant regulate myself, a multifunctional headset so my hands dont hurt from holding the phone & back support for my chair.

I started my job while I was having pain but I was undiagnosed until recently. I have always done a great job and have taken on more responsibilities than asked so when I say I cant physically do something one day its not a big deal.

Featuring Experts

Scott Zashin, MD is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School and maintains a private practice at Presb...More

Helpful Tips

prednisolone may be more effective than prednisone in some patientsExpert
Rarely I will find a patient who is not getting the response I would expect with prednisone. In those patients, I will sometimes prescribe ... More
Was this Helpful?
35 of 39 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.