Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Getting started
butterflies61 posted:
I start this medicine tonight. I've been looking at it on the counter since Monday, scared silly of it. A lady on ne website I read said she takes it on Saturday to help her manage a weekday work schedule. After reading through here I'm not so sure that's going help. Any words of encouragement will be greatly appreciated. All of my family is in another state and I'm really worried about all of this. There really doesn't seem to be a choice though - I can't imagine the problems I'm having getting worse. The past 2 years scleritis in my eye has become a nightmare with pain that has become unbearable. I've been dealing with this and arthritis (diangosed as osteo) for 15 years. None of my old doctors realized what was really wrong with eye and it was also misdiagnosed for years. The pain from RA has kicked in hard and the prognosis without this treatment is very bleak. I finally know what is really wrong. I'm looking for any and all advise I can get. After reading through here, I really wish the Dr had started me out with the shots....

xperky responded:
Well, just think about how much better you might feel in the long run. I do understand your fear though. So sorry your eye is involved, and I hope this new medicine can help. Let us know how your first day goes.

butterflies61 replied to xperky's response:
1st night was fine. I guess I expected nome nuclear reaction immediately following the dose. I had a good nights' sleep and so far, so good. Thanks so much for reaching out. I'll continue to be very thankful for every good day!!

xperky replied to butterflies61's response:
That's great! I hope you continue to do well with it.

jmspencer81 responded:
Good luck! I hope you can find some relief soon!

butterflies61 replied to jmspencer81's response:
Thanks for the encouragement. I did ok I think. Compared to many I've read, I really cannot complain. A couple of rough days but feeling better today. Thanks again. It's nice to be among people that understand...

Seagle1963 responded:
I am curious. Which medicine did you just start?

butterflies61 replied to Seagle1963's response:
Methotrexate, 10 mgs for the 1st 2 weeks. I'm also on Prednisone for a month. This weekend the dosage goes up to 15mg. Like others on here, my Dr also prescribed Folic acid. I've been on Nexium for many years and from what I'm reading, others have started it because of the Mtx. I had surgery for Acid Reflux about 8 yrs ago and I made it for almost a year before I had start taking Nexium again. From what I've learned, carpal tunnel at 28, arthritis & extreme fatigue since my early 30's, along with scleritis and other pains over the years are all related to RA that was never diagnosed until now (51). Probably more information than you were looking for. I'm new to this, and new to the website as well.

If anyone has other suggestions on places to learn more about this, please share. I can only take the news in small doses because it is really depressing but for the past 2 weeks I am trying to read a little each day.. THANKS!

xperky replied to butterflies61's response:
butterflies, I'm looking at the rawarrior site once in a while. It has been recommended numerous times. Like you, I can only take a little at a time or it becomes depressing. I quickly turn to something happy, like crocheting or a good ebook when I find the depression creeping in.

How you feeling?

Featuring Experts

Scott Zashin, MD is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School and maintains a private practice at Presb...More

Helpful Tips

Rheumatoid Arthritis infographic
Rheumatoid Arthritis is a debilitating condition that can cause inflammation and pain in the joints . In this infographic you will be ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 5 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.