Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Need Job / Insurance Advise
singingbear posted:
I am considering searching for a new job in the near future. I struggle with the decision because I am afraid of starting fresh with a new insurance and finding a place that will pay what I make now. I have worked at my current job for just under 11 years. The problem is that I have been stuck on an overnight shift 5 days / 40 hrs a week for the last seven years and there is no place I can go on day shift and not lose money. On top of that I have a co worker that is getting harder and harder to tollerate, causing much stress and drama. I was also diagnosed with RA this last January and have been taking Methatrexate since Feb but still have an elevated CRP. The RA fatigue has gotten somewhat better over the last few weeks but I am still left with the overnight shift fatigue. I never get enough rest and I know that I feel so much worse when I am not well rested or stressed. After my last blood test the doc noted that I may need biologics. I will not see him until Oct. to discuss that notation. I do not know now how I would pay for biologics let alone if I were to start a new job with new insurance. I am single and have moved my mother in with me to help her out. She gets SS and can help some with bills but I am the primary means of support for both of us. Does anyone have any advise or experience they can share with me to help make my decision easier? I just don't know what to do. Oh and they have cut my hours for the next 4 weeks on top of everything else. Any one have seeds for a money tree?

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Singingbear,

I hope that others will be responding to you and give you their thoughts on your situation. In the meantime, I wanted to welcome you here.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. ~Joseph Campbell

Featuring Experts

Scott Zashin, MD is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School and maintains a private practice at Presb...More

Helpful Tips

Dry eyes and dry mouthExpert
Patients with RA may develop dryness of the eyes and mouth due to a condition called secondary Sjogrens Syndrome. The dryness is due to ... More
Was this Helpful?
32 of 39 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.