Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
Young with RA
rogokat posted:
I was just told this year that I have RA and I am 26 years old. Me and my husband are trying to have a baby. I was wondering if anyone can tell how it like being pregent and having RA.

Scott Zashin, MD responded:
Fortunately, many patients with RA actually feel better during pregnancy. This does not always occur so be sure to discuss the benefits and potential risk of pregnancy with your doctors.

Born_to_be_blonde responded:
I compleatly understand. I am 27 and was just diagnosed with RA about a month ago. My husband and I are not trying yet but we planned on it in a couple years. I feel like I being punished for waiting until were in a better spot. I hope everything works out for you.

Featuring Experts

Scott Zashin, MD is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School and maintains a private practice at Presb...More

Helpful Tips

prednisolone may be more effective than prednisone in some patientsExpert
Rarely I will find a patient who is not getting the response I would expect with prednisone. In those patients, I will sometimes prescribe ... More
Was this Helpful?
35 of 39 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.