Skip to content
Is it a flare?
baytan2 posted:
I was diagnosed with RA about 3 1/2 years ago. Have been on prednisone, methotrexate and Humira for it. Lots of medical problems lately and diagnosed with pituitary gland tumor. Humira is on hold until I see neurologist next month. Also off prednisone presently because I DO NOT like this drug. For the past few days have been having shaking chills and seems like every joint in my body hurts esp in my hands, knees and right shoulder. Is this a flare? When RA started it was brutal and pain was much worse. So I am confused. Do I need to start the dreaded prednisone back? Or do I need to call my rheumatologist as it was my pcp who ordered me to hold the humira? I hate this disease and I have had never-ending medical problems since RA diagnosis and beginning the meds.

xperky responded:
I'd say call your rheumy and let him know what you are doing with your drugs, why, and how you feel! I think all your doctors should act as your team and you might need to start coordinating them as you are the team leader in charge of your overall health. At least that is the ideal situation...reality is always a little different.

I'm so sorry you have a new diagnosis to deal with. I imagine you are feeling overwhelmed and frustrated. I hope you can get the RA pain under control soon, so you can face your new challenge head on and confidently.

Hugs to you.

Featuring Experts

Scott Zashin, MD is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School and maintains a private practice at Presb...More

Helpful Tips

Dry eyes and dry mouthExpert
Patients with RA may develop dryness of the eyes and mouth due to a condition called secondary Sjogrens Syndrome. The dryness is due to ... More
Was this Helpful?
34 of 41 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.