Skip to content
Off the shelf medicines/ointments etc
ImJaz posted:
My Sister is suffering from RA for 4 years now and gets swellings on an off . She stays out of US and has been on medication but not much help. Since she cant travel to US , i just want to know if there are any effective off the shelf medicines , oinments or any other treatment sources which i can send it to her and she can try. May be some sprays, excercise tips or home remedies ? Anything that i can buy without prescription and send it .
Please help.

xperky responded:
So nice of you to be thinking of your sister!

I do find pain relief with salonpas patches. I find the small ones useful around fingers or just put on a foot or hand area. The Costco near me sells them and sometimes issues a coupon for them as well.

For swelling, I've had luck with a 15 minute soak in Epsom salts and hot water, 2 cups per gallon, followed by icing with a bag of frozen peas about and hour later, for about 10 - 15 minutes.

I hope your sister is doing well most days.

Seagle1963 responded:
Voltaren is pretty good. It is topical. Inmany countries outside the USA, it is over the counter.

Featuring Experts

Scott Zashin, MD is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School and maintains a private practice at Presb...More

Helpful Tips

R.A.
Thanks everyone for the postings about R.A. being in the sacroilliac joint. It is a very debilitating pain, when combined with scoliosis ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.