Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
cardiac valves
An_246691 posted:
I have had mitral and aortic valve regurgitation for several years. Is it possible that cardiac valve problems have anything to do with the RA or another autoimmune condition?Should I be notifying my cardiologist about my recent Dx of RA or wait for my appointment next year?

Patti45 responded:
I am not certain but I have just gone for a echocardiogram as I have had constant chest pressure and shortness of breath. I have had RA for one year and 6 months and will let you know. From talking to others on forums some of this can be related but I am not sure about the heart valves.. I am still waiting to see a rheumatologist and am going to ask when I finally get there. Good luck and please let me know how you make out.. Patti

Scott Zashin, MD responded:
I am not aware of a relationship but since you are most likely starting new medications for the RA, it would be reasonable to notify your heart doctor of your new diangosis and meds.

Featuring Experts

Scott Zashin, MD is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School and maintains a private practice at Presb...More

Helpful Tips

jaw pain
I use massage, ice, heat, and pain meds if necessary. I find that when I'm busy consentrating at work, I tend to grind my teeth, which I'm ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.