Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Lower Arm/Upper Leg Heaviness and Weakness
Hiyacynthia posted:
I saw several people post on a feeling of heaviness in the arms or legs. I have this feeling all the time now in my arms (used to be just with exercise) and my legs are not so much heavy feeling as weak. I have not been diagnosed with RA. I am 43 and have just been diagnosed with Lyme Disease and from my research, I am in the late stage, which I am guessing would make this Lyme Arthritis, I don't know. I have problems with jaw joint and a knee as well. I am hoping to get rid of this through the therapy for Lyme, but it seems to be getting worse since I started treatment, not better. It's only been two weeks, though, so we'll see.

Born_to_be_blonde responded:
Its funny that you say you have heavyness. I was explaining to some of my friends what it feels like to have RA and one of the feeling I described was heavyness and slowness. This is the analgy that I used: Its like your whole body is submerged underwater and you are trying to walk. There is greater pressure under water and your limbs get really tired really quick. Swimming under water is easy, trying to walk and do daily functions isnt. Your body gets really worn out really quick.

Hope that helps.

Hiyacynthia replied to Born_to_be_blonde's response:
I get fatigued very easily. Also a Lyme symptom!

Featuring Experts

Scott Zashin, MD is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School and maintains a private practice at Presb...More

Helpful Tips

Rheumatoid Arthritis infographic
Rheumatoid Arthritis is a debilitating condition that can cause inflammation and pain in the joints . In this infographic you will be ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 5 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.