Skip to content
Weather effecting RA???
dannyialj posted:
I have just gotton off of a round of prednisone (I tried to carve a pumpkin and paid for it dearly). Well now we have cold weather and rain and I feel like every muscle and joint in my body is rebelling against everything (except curled under a blanket with hot tea..lol). Does anyone else have issues when the weather changes??

Take the Poll

Does the weather effect RA??
  • Most definitely!!!
  • Somewhat
  • Not at all
vote
View Poll Results

xperky responded:
This storm, Sandy, is amazing. I've watched our pressure drop for hours, here in VA, and the cold rain is awful. Time to put on my fingerless gloves that I wear inside.

CrystalLarel responded:
I thought I was on the mend this summer and the cold weather hit and my pain skyrocketed. Now I think there is something funky going on with the weather because my hands are swollen. If only I was a weather person who could at least see these things coming. Yes, weather does affect my joint pain, severely. I see why the elderly move to Florida! I went there for a conference a few years ago and felt better than I had in years, I thought it was the bed...I wanted one like that...good thing I didn't go buy one! I was diagnosed with RA shortly after. I fantasize about moving somewhere warm on the bad days, perhaps someday when I am done raising small children and need the support of my family.

Featuring Experts

Scott Zashin, MD is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School and maintains a private practice at Presb...More

Helpful Tips

Fighting RA
I see all the postings about using Prednosone. I just want to say be careful as this drug will raise your blood sugars expenatially. More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 3 found this helpful