Skip to content
no relief
unique74 posted:
ive had ra for 13 years it started in my feet i do get relief from meds i was on but nothing would relieve my feet ... at the moment i have no ra doctor ive miss too many appointments on account of my feet u could say i have a record of that so now its hard for me to find someone to take me on as a patient ...i dnt feel its my fault i cant tell u whn im gonna be in pain so if my feet hurt and cant walk how do they figure i get there so i would call and tell them i cant make it and make a new one i dnt think its fair so now im in pain everyday cant do much of anything ... ive gained weight became depressed dnt know where to turn and have no meds to relieve the pain unless i go to the E.R

xperky responded:
I was wondering if an orthopaedic doctor could help you. You may benefit from surgery, or a walker or devices that help you get around. In any case, you sound like you do need help to keep mobile and make your appointments!

Do you find heating pads useful for your feet? My RA started in my feet too, and they really complain when they get cold. The only thing comfy on them are my wool socks and crochet slippers. Shoes are awful. It really is hard to get around with these painful feet. I sympathize with your situation.

Featuring Experts

Scott Zashin, MD is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School and maintains a private practice at Presb...More

Helpful Tips

mouth sores
I recently read that when one takes methotrexate as many of us do with RA and Sjogrens Syndrome, it can make your levels of folic acid drop ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.