Sjogrens Syndrome--Methotrexate
RADBA3317 posted:
I was just diagnosed with Sjogrens Syndrome, began Methotrexate this morning. How are others feeling who have just started this? I am on 6 tablets once a week. Thanks in advance. Have a great day!

xperky responded:
Hi. I'll be starting MTX tomorrow night. I'll only be taking 3 tablets once a week for now. I'll let you know how I feel!

How do you feel? Any trouble? I sure hope it helps you.

RADBA3317 replied to xperky's response:
Today was my fourth day and I did not go into work. I feel like someone punched me through my stomach. Bad body aches , warm rushes diarrhea. I don't mean to alarm you. I did call my doctor and he advised me to split my pills up and then has me on folic acid. I sure hope tomorrow is better than today.

xperky replied to RADBA3317's response:
Geez, I hope dividing your dose helps you. Did you ask if you could start with only 3 pills for a while if that doesn't help?

I had an unpleasant day after taking my first 3 and today I still get knocked down after doing little things, and feel feverish sometimes. I woke up feeling extra stiff and achey in the joints too. Not as bad as you sound though.

I have read that people take Pepto Bismal tablets and it helps. I hope you can have some on hand for next time.

This is no fun, but becoming disfigured would be less fun?! Good luck next week.