Skip to content
Sjogrens Syndrome--Methotrexate
RADBA3317 posted:
I was just diagnosed with Sjogrens Syndrome, began Methotrexate this morning. How are others feeling who have just started this? I am on 6 tablets once a week. Thanks in advance. Have a great day!

xperky responded:
Hi. I'll be starting MTX tomorrow night. I'll only be taking 3 tablets once a week for now. I'll let you know how I feel!

How do you feel? Any trouble? I sure hope it helps you.

RADBA3317 replied to xperky's response:
Today was my fourth day and I did not go into work. I feel like someone punched me through my stomach. Bad body aches , warm rushes diarrhea. I don't mean to alarm you. I did call my doctor and he advised me to split my pills up and then has me on folic acid. I sure hope tomorrow is better than today.

xperky replied to RADBA3317's response:
Geez, I hope dividing your dose helps you. Did you ask if you could start with only 3 pills for a while if that doesn't help?

I had an unpleasant day after taking my first 3 and today I still get knocked down after doing little things, and feel feverish sometimes. I woke up feeling extra stiff and achey in the joints too. Not as bad as you sound though.

I have read that people take Pepto Bismal tablets and it helps. I hope you can have some on hand for next time.

This is no fun, but becoming disfigured would be less fun?! Good luck next week.

Featuring Experts

Scott Zashin, MD is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School and maintains a private practice at Presb...More

Helpful Tips

mouth sores
I recently read that when one takes methotrexate as many of us do with RA and Sjogrens Syndrome, it can make your levels of folic acid drop ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.