Skip to content
New to site
okieinoregon posted:
I am 48 year old male and have a ruptured disc between c-4 and c-5; disinigrated disk between c5 and c6; a ruptured disk between c-6 and c-7; rhuematiod arthritis in this area and bone spurs. This did not happen because of an accident, just wear and tear over the years. Anybody else with this particular problem? I get migraine like headaches, minimal weakness and numbness on the right side of my body and the muscles in my neck and traps are consistanly tight. I was on flexeril and hydrocone the past 5 years but my medication has changed to meta carbomal and oxycodone due to building up a tolerance to the flexeril and hydrocone. I feel alone. My wife is great and very supportive but still feel alone in the the pain.
lcover responded:
Hi Okie,

I have RA and even if I can't relate specifically to the pain you are dealing with in your spine, I can certainly feel for you. Back pain has got to be the worst. It's hard having constant pain or just not feeling good on regular basis. It can really wear on a person.

In addition to medication, I highly recommend acupuncture and massage (especially for the neck). It works wonders.

I'm sure there are many others out here who can relate and it's a great place to get some support when you need it. It helps talking to others who understand what you are going through.

I hope and pray you get the right treatment so you can have some relief soon! I wish you the best.

Take care,
xperky responded:
Hi Okie. Each of us does have a unique experience with our pains, but I hope you find sharing your feelings helps you cope.

I had lower back pain and just a little disk bulging, and it was rough for a year. I can't imagine the pain you must be in with those disks!

My husband is supportive, as is your wife, and that makes a big difference every day. We are lucky in that way.

Helpful Tips

prednisolone may be more effective than prednisone in some patientsExpert
Rarely I will find a patient who is not getting the response I would expect with prednisone. In those patients, I will sometimes prescribe ... More
Was this Helpful?
35 of 39 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.