Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
MTX & Tea
RADBA3317 posted:
Is this a good combination? I read somewhere that your not suppose to drink caffine with MTX??

lex16420 responded:
I have become caffeine and aspartame free given my diagnosis. I do drink decaf green tea. I try to avoid anything that may add to inflammation.

Scott Zashin, MD responded:
I am not aware of an interaction.

RADBA3317 replied to Scott Zashin, MD's response:
Do you recommend that I get the flu shot with Sjogrens Syndrome and being on MTX?

Scott Zashin, MD replied to RADBA3317's response:
I recommend the flu shot to almost all my patients, especially those that take medication for RA such as MTX.

CrystalLarel responded:
Whoa! There better not be! I need that caffeine to get me through the day! I'm a High School Teacher and a mother to a 16 month old little girl. I take MTX (and many others).

Best of Luck! Crystal

Featuring Experts

Scott Zashin, MD is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School and maintains a private practice at Presb...More

Helpful Tips

Dry eyes and dry mouthExpert
Patients with RA may develop dryness of the eyes and mouth due to a condition called secondary Sjogrens Syndrome. The dryness is due to ... More
Was this Helpful?
32 of 39 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.