Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Plaquinil and Arm Pain
lex16420 posted:
I've been taking Plaquinil for 1 month now after being allergic to sulphasalazine. This week I've had horrible pain in my arms. I can't even lift a drink or carry a plate. My face also started to swell a bit. My doctor told me to stop taking it, so now I'm on to med trial number 3. It's very frustrating. 10mg of prednisone and tylenol have me feeling great. I feel sick the whole time I'm on dmards. I'm not understanding the process here.

Frustrated......................

SallyDStanley responded:
My doctor put me on prednisone and I became so swollen that I have huge stretch marks on my stomach and all the way down to my legs. My friends that have had babies have less stretch marks than me. SO be careful with the prednisone...if you start to notice any stretch marks forming...call your doctor.

potterpot responded:
Lex, I was on Plaquinil and brock out in a bad rash,I had to go to a Dermataligest for a Biopsy. Ras was all over body. Methro I can't take very bad cough, and many other meds either my liver enzimes went to high or just had trouble

Featuring Experts

Scott Zashin, MD is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School and maintains a private practice at Presb...More

Helpful Tips

Dry eyes and dry mouthExpert
Patients with RA may develop dryness of the eyes and mouth due to a condition called secondary Sjogrens Syndrome. The dryness is due to ... More
Was this Helpful?
33 of 40 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.