Skip to content
Joint Fusion Surgery
jahoppes posted:
I am having joint fusion surgery this week on my left middle finger. The RA has dmaged my center/knuckle joint beyond repair. The pain is very intense and non-stop at this point.

Is there anyone that has had joint fusion? If so do you have any advise or helpful hints for a quicker recovery? Did the fusion decrease or eliminate your pain?

I still have to work full time, I spend nearly 90% of my time at work on the computer. So my hands are critical to my job function. The joint pain has been debilitating and adversely affected my job performance. That is why I have opted for the fusion. However, I am very nervous and would like to hear from others that have had this surgery.

Thank you!

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Jahoppes,

I haven't had this surgery but wanted to welcome you here. I hope that if someone does look in who has had this situation will respond.

Let us know how it goes for you.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. ~Joseph Campbell

xperky responded:
If you can type, let us know how you are doing!

Featuring Experts

Scott Zashin, MD is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School and maintains a private practice at Presb...More

Helpful Tips

help with methotrexate side effectsExpert
I recommend all my patients on methotrexate take at least 1 mg of Folic Acid daily to help decrease the risk of side effects. In those ... More
Was this Helpful?
27 of 30 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.