Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
What Are Your Plans for Thanksgiving?
Caprice_WebMD_Staff posted:
When pain and fatigue are part of the picture, big holidays sometimes need to be managed so you can enjoy them as much as possible.

What are your plans?
How do you ensure you pace yourself?
And what are you thankful for this year?
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. ~Joseph Campbell

lex16420 responded:
I'm sitting at home by myself so I don't ruin anyone else's holiday. I'm thankful they don't have this disease

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to lex16420's response:
Dear Lex,

Why would you being part of the holiday ruin anyone else's? (((softhugs)))
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. ~Joseph Campbell

xperky replied to lex16420's response:
Hi Lex, your post points out how difficult the holidays can be for some of us. We are under seemingly constant pressure to cope with our days and nights as best as possible, and then come the expectations of holidays to boot!

I will be bringing my version of Waldorf salad to my inlaws. I am so fortunate that my husband understands that I can't bring 4 dishes and a cooler full of assorted beverages any more. He knows it will be hard enough to get myself together and bring 1 thing.

I'd secretly rather stay home Lex. Shhh, don't tell anyone.

Featuring Experts

Scott Zashin, MD is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School and maintains a private practice at Presb...More

Helpful Tips

Going gluten free
Hi! I just wanted to share my journey with y'all! I am only 24 and have had rheumatoid arthritis Since the age of 12. I was on ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.