Skip to content
Looking for feedback on Remicade infusions
Melissakai posted:
I have RA and have tried Methotrexate and Humiria self injections. Neither with success. So now I am having an infusion of Remicade once every 8 weeks. Tomorrow is my 4th infusion, and it seems to be working. Wondering if anyone has had an experience with these infusions.

CrystalLarel responded:
I have been on Remicade infusions for about nine months. I get them every six weeks. I am still on Methotrexate and Hydroxochloroquine (forgive the spelling of the meds), along with Vit. D and Folic Acid supplements. I have already tried Humira and Enbrel, neither were affective. I don't notice a significant change when I get the infusions but I REALLY notice at the end of the six weeks. My doctor told me I would feel it wear off and I definitely do. I'm miserable. The infusions make the pain bearable and I seem to have less bad days. I was hoping for more pain relief, I'm not going to lie but I will take what I can get. I hope it works for you. I was told you may not see relief for up to six months (it took me a long time, which was frustrating). I hope this is helpful!

Featuring Experts

Scott Zashin, MD is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School and maintains a private practice at Presb...More

Helpful Tips

Dry eyes and dry mouthExpert
Patients with RA may develop dryness of the eyes and mouth due to a condition called secondary Sjogrens Syndrome. The dryness is due to ... More
Was this Helpful?
35 of 42 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.