Skip to content
Looking for feedback on Remicade infusions
Melissakai posted:
I have RA and have tried Methotrexate and Humiria self injections. Neither with success. So now I am having an infusion of Remicade once every 8 weeks. Tomorrow is my 4th infusion, and it seems to be working. Wondering if anyone has had an experience with these infusions.

CrystalLarel responded:
I have been on Remicade infusions for about nine months. I get them every six weeks. I am still on Methotrexate and Hydroxochloroquine (forgive the spelling of the meds), along with Vit. D and Folic Acid supplements. I have already tried Humira and Enbrel, neither were affective. I don't notice a significant change when I get the infusions but I REALLY notice at the end of the six weeks. My doctor told me I would feel it wear off and I definitely do. I'm miserable. The infusions make the pain bearable and I seem to have less bad days. I was hoping for more pain relief, I'm not going to lie but I will take what I can get. I hope it works for you. I was told you may not see relief for up to six months (it took me a long time, which was frustrating). I hope this is helpful!

Featuring Experts

Scott Zashin, MD is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School and maintains a private practice at Presb...More

Helpful Tips

Dry eyes and dry mouthExpert
Patients with RA may develop dryness of the eyes and mouth due to a condition called secondary Sjogrens Syndrome. The dryness is due to ... More
Was this Helpful?
37 of 44 found this helpful