Humira injection question
Lalasinging posted:
I recently attended an Arthritis Foundation Jingle Bell 5k where I spoke with an Abbott rep. She told me that if I let my self-inject pen come to room temperature that it won't hurt as bad going in. I have never heard this before from anyone including my doctors. I've done the ice the injection sight before injecting but that didn't work. At this point I ice immediately after the injection, but I have never been able to actually inject myself because it still hurts too much going in. Does anyone know if letting the pen get to room temp work? Or have you had experience doing so? Thanks in advance for any input.

gingerdew1 responded:
yes i do find that leaving my humira out for around 20 mins before injecting with the pen seems to help a little. it helps so much that i would put up with whatever pain the shots made.

ginger

CrystalLarel responded:
When I told my Rhumatologist how bad the shots hurt he asked me if I let them reach room temp before injecting them too! That would have bee nice to know! It felt like small creatures with freakishly sharp teeth were attacking me!! My poor husband who gave me the shots felt so bad. He was not happy to hear such a simple solution would have fixed it Yes, I've heard the same thing. I'm not on the injections any more but I hope this simple fix works for you!

Best of Luck!