Skip to content
Medications that work with fewer side effect?
Lieret posted:
My daughter has taken Prednisone (weight gain), Paquinal, Proxicam, and Ketoprophin with bad side effects for each one. Can anyone recommend different drugs that deal effectively with RA pain without causing more problems...?

Also, does anyone know of ANY progress in finding a cure or at least a direction towards remission?

Thank you. We need more healing and hope.

HanDiana responded:
Hi Lieret,

If you like to achieve remission for your daughter, you have to first understand that RA is a multi-faceted condition, i.e. there are actually many causes of RA. With this understanding, you are best able to determine which course of action will be best followed by your daughter if she is open and willing to go for the alternative route. I've just recently set up my personal blog that features my journey of reversing RA through CAM approaches. If you are interested. You may wish to explore my blog at http://www.myradiary.com/170/the-many-causes-of-rheumatoid-arthritis-explored.

For drug alternative, you may like to explore into low dose naltrexone (LDN) (http://www.myradiary.com/570/low-dose-naltrexone-ldn-a-better-drug-for-rheumatoid-arthritis). This drug is not mainstream for treating RA, but some people are seeing good progress with it without side effects of typical rheumatoid drugs. As most rheumy does not prescribe this drug, you may need to approach doctor who will.

Other alternatives include: Dr Brown's antibiotic protocol (based on premise that RA is caused by mycoplasma), Metronidazole & Allupurinol (based on premise that RA is caused by protozoa/amoeba), thunder god vine (TCM approach of RA treatment) are some to consider or explore.

Featuring Experts

Scott Zashin, MD is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School and maintains a private practice at Presb...More

Helpful Tips

prednisolone may be more effective than prednisone in some patientsExpert
Rarely I will find a patient who is not getting the response I would expect with prednisone. In those patients, I will sometimes prescribe ... More
Was this Helpful?
35 of 39 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.