Skip to content
What does Medicare pay for?
klkpff posted:
Hello, I have recently been diagnosed with RA. I am going to start taking Enbrel or Remicade or Actemra but I have to make up my mind between the 3 and also I have to wait until my bout with bronchitis is over. I have Medicare A and B and a supplement C and D.
Does anyone know if the Enbrel is billed through Medicare B and C?
thank you

Pretzelady responded:
Try and see if you can get in a study somewhere and then your medication for the biologic drug should be free. I ,am in one with Actemra and it doesn't cost anything. I live in Mass. and from what I understand, it is against the law to bill my insurance for a study drug. The drug has been a Godsend to me so far. I have been on it since May of 2012 and I am painfree. It took about a month for it to work. Good luck to you. Pretzelady

Featuring Experts

Scott Zashin, MD is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School and maintains a private practice at Presb...More

Helpful Tips

help with methotrexate side effectsExpert
I recommend all my patients on methotrexate take at least 1 mg of Folic Acid daily to help decrease the risk of side effects. In those ... More
Was this Helpful?
27 of 30 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.