Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Fentanyl for RA pain...HELP!
shann75 posted:
I'm new to WebMd & I have a question about pain mgmt. for RA, Osteoarthritis, Facet Joint Syndrome, & DDD. I have been on 100 mcg Fentanyl patches for almost 3 yrs.The patches are supposed to last 72 hrs. But for the past 6 mths. I have noticed that the patches are not lasting more than 48hrs. I have been in a lot of pain and I'm thinking about telling my doctor that I need to increase the dose. I have been sharing w/ him that I'm not getting relief like I used to, but I haven't came out & asked him to increase. I was worried that I would just need to keep increasing every cpl. yrs. & I didn't want to grow tolerant to pain meds because I'm only 37 yrs. old. But this is unbareable pain, I can't take the pain anymore. Has anyone else used Fentanyl for pain?

Featuring Experts

Scott Zashin, MD is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School and maintains a private practice at Presb...More

Helpful Tips

help with methotrexate side effectsExpert
I recommend all my patients on methotrexate take at least 1 mg of Folic Acid daily to help decrease the risk of side effects. In those ... More
Was this Helpful?
26 of 29 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.