Skip to content
Cinnamon and Honey Arthritis
Kalelane posted:
Was diagnosed with Psoriatic Arthritis 4 years ago. Having a bad pain day in my heals today , can hardly walk. was reading about cinnamon and honey concauctions today. I am starting and going to document. I have already had my third dose today of warm water, cin and honey. If you read the facts it makes sense. I am hopeful

Cinnamon and InflammationArthritis is not the only condition that is driven by inflammation. Cardiovascular disease, diabetes, Alzheimer's dementia, cancer and many other chronic illnesses are inflammatory disorders. Inflammation is a complex process which involves the production of chemical messengers called cytokines, and tissue damage which results from immune cell activity. A 2008 study in "Bioresource Technology" demonstrated cinnamon oil's ability to suppress the production of inflammatory cytokines by macrophages, a special type of immune cell. Similarly, in 2007, Korean scientists showed that extracts of cinnamon bark slowed the cellular processes that contribute to aging and inflammation.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/385614-arthritis-cinnamon/#ixzz2JDf9Vujd

Featuring Experts

Scott Zashin, MD is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School and maintains a private practice at Presb...More

Helpful Tips

Dry eyes and dry mouthExpert
Patients with RA may develop dryness of the eyes and mouth due to a condition called secondary Sjogrens Syndrome. The dryness is due to ... More
Was this Helpful?
35 of 42 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.