Skip to content
Cinnamon and Honey Arthritis
Kalelane posted:
Was diagnosed with Psoriatic Arthritis 4 years ago. Having a bad pain day in my heals today , can hardly walk. was reading about cinnamon and honey concauctions today. I am starting and going to document. I have already had my third dose today of warm water, cin and honey. If you read the facts it makes sense. I am hopeful

Cinnamon and InflammationArthritis is not the only condition that is driven by inflammation. Cardiovascular disease, diabetes, Alzheimer's dementia, cancer and many other chronic illnesses are inflammatory disorders. Inflammation is a complex process which involves the production of chemical messengers called cytokines, and tissue damage which results from immune cell activity. A 2008 study in "Bioresource Technology" demonstrated cinnamon oil's ability to suppress the production of inflammatory cytokines by macrophages, a special type of immune cell. Similarly, in 2007, Korean scientists showed that extracts of cinnamon bark slowed the cellular processes that contribute to aging and inflammation.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/385614-arthritis-cinnamon/#ixzz2JDf9Vujd

Featuring Experts

Scott Zashin, MD is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School and maintains a private practice at Presb...More

Helpful Tips

Fighting RA
I see all the postings about using Prednosone. I just want to say be careful as this drug will raise your blood sugars expenatially. More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 3 found this helpful