Skip to content
Sjogrens Syndrome
RADBA3317 posted:
I was diagnosed with Sjogrens Syndrome November 2nd. I have been on MTX since. I have lost some hair, drier skin, dry mouth etc. well now I have bombs all over my face that are like pimples but not really. Any ideas? They are very uncomfortable.

The skin around my fingernails have started to peel severely. Has anyone else experienced any of these symptoms? If so, what did you do?

Very depressed!

Anon_2712 responded:
It sounds somewhat like psoriasis, especially the nail part. Do you have any lesions on the rest of your body (e.g. trunk, arms, legs, etc.?) It doesn't sound like what I've heard as complaints about MTX, which I have been researching for my own purposes recently. I am about to start MTX for SS myself, due to the inabililty of nonsteroidals, Plaquenil, and Evoxac to totally manage my symptoms. While I am more than ready for some relief, the other side of MTX have me concerned.

RADBA3317 replied to Anon_2712's response:
Yes infancy I do, scalp low back sometimes on my legs, chest neck. I am beginning to think I have Lupus from what I have read so far. I am going for a second opinion.

RADBA3317 replied to RADBA3317's response:
Sorry about the infancy. I am typing on my Ipad. I meant INFACT. I am soooooooooo. Sorry!!

Featuring Experts

Scott Zashin, MD is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School and maintains a private practice at Presb...More

Helpful Tips

prednisolone may be more effective than prednisone in some patientsExpert
Rarely I will find a patient who is not getting the response I would expect with prednisone. In those patients, I will sometimes prescribe ... More
Was this Helpful?
35 of 39 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.