Skip to content
Hard to let go.
Kenygl posted:
I'm a 58 year old RA sufferer. My dilema is as follows. I've been a very active person most of my life. Rock climbing, skiing, cycling, hiking. A lot of joy has come from these activities. I'm also a person who has recently completed successful treatment for Hep C. The treatment was bbrutal and I'm happy to say I'm on the other side of it. The meds while effective were the polar opposite of what my RA treatment was. Bombarding my immune systems into submission. I had to come off all my RA meds while on treatment. I was taking Humira. Now I'm faced with a decision. Should I continue to treat my RA agressively? The Humira didn't really work after the Hep C treatment and I went from moderate pain to severe. I stopped taking the Humira upon my docs suggestion I am still taking Sulfasalazine and Hydroxychlor which as of today are working OK. However I'm sure the RA will flare with time and since the Humira quit working Orencia has been suggested. Embrel didn't really work either.

So after all that should I try another biologic or pray for no more flares. I would like to get back to my passions within reason but I'm afraid those days are gone for good. I do exercise. Any suggestions.

Featuring Experts

Scott Zashin, MD is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School and maintains a private practice at Presb...More

Helpful Tips

Dry eyes and dry mouthExpert
Patients with RA may develop dryness of the eyes and mouth due to a condition called secondary Sjogrens Syndrome. The dryness is due to ... More
Was this Helpful?
35 of 42 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.