Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
to Amy
An_250326 posted:
Hi Amy,

I don't know if my advice or story will help but im 18 with rheumatoid arthritis and i am on celebrex, plaquenil, and i take some vitamins and methotrexate injections, i was bearly diagnosed about 3 weeks ago but i was told i was just to be very careful with my eye sight while taking the plaquenil

princessd responded:
Wow, why are you on so many things after having just been diagnosed and what did your doc mean by his eye sight comment?

An_246691 replied to princessd's response:
Why wouldn't you be on so many things?They want to hit it hard & fast to eliminate chance of damage & control pain & symptoms.I hate hearing when a young person gets RA. I'm just glad they're being aggressive with the treatment.The Plaquenil can cause sight problems & that's why you get scheduled eye exams but it is VERY rare.

Featuring Experts

Scott Zashin, MD is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School and maintains a private practice at Presb...More

Helpful Tips

help with methotrexate side effectsExpert
I recommend all my patients on methotrexate take at least 1 mg of Folic Acid daily to help decrease the risk of side effects. In those ... More
Was this Helpful?
26 of 29 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.