Skip to content
to Amy
An_250326 posted:
Hi Amy,

I don't know if my advice or story will help but im 18 with rheumatoid arthritis and i am on celebrex, plaquenil, and i take some vitamins and methotrexate injections, i was bearly diagnosed about 3 weeks ago but i was told i was just to be very careful with my eye sight while taking the plaquenil

princessd responded:
Wow, why are you on so many things after having just been diagnosed and what did your doc mean by his eye sight comment?

An_246691 replied to princessd's response:
Why wouldn't you be on so many things?They want to hit it hard & fast to eliminate chance of damage & control pain & symptoms.I hate hearing when a young person gets RA. I'm just glad they're being aggressive with the treatment.The Plaquenil can cause sight problems & that's why you get scheduled eye exams but it is VERY rare.

Featuring Experts

Scott Zashin, MD is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School and maintains a private practice at Presb...More

Helpful Tips

Sauve Keratin Shampoo and question
I am about to start methotrexate so I read all the posts and decided to look up Sauve Keratin Shampoo on the internet so I could buy it. ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful