Skip to content
Orencia just stopped working
3collies posted:
I had allergic reactions to Enbrel, Humira, & MTX but did really well on Orencia for about 3 years then suddenly it stopped working and I had flares every 3 -4 days that were worse than anything I've ever experienced. Anyone else have this problem. I'm anxious about trying another drug. I called the Orencia 800 number but the nurse said that they didn't have any data about the meds losing its effectiveness after a period of time. Any one out there who had a return of angry flares while still getting infusions???

GSD_Man responded:
I've been on Orencia for about 18 months. It has worked great, relieving almost all symptoms and pain. I missed an infusion last month due to insurance company changes and had to go 2 months between infusions. I can really feel the difference, I've had pain and stiffness and inflamation. I'm hoping Orencia just needs more time to re-establish! I'll check back and give you an update in a couple of weeks.

Featuring Experts

Scott Zashin, MD is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School and maintains a private practice at Presb...More

Helpful Tips

mouth sores
I recently read that when one takes methotrexate as many of us do with RA and Sjogrens Syndrome, it can make your levels of folic acid drop ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.