Skip to content
gf with rheumatoid arthritis
xcrunner96 posted:
hello my gf has had severe rheumatiod arthritis since she was 3 and occipital nuralgia. shes always in pain btw shes 15 now n i wanna know if theres any way i can help. ive done hours of research n theres no cure (i dont believe the special diet bs) but shes always miserable n misses school almost every other day. she exercises every day n is on over 20 pills a day for the pain. i give her massages and am as supportive as i can be but it doesnt help n im worried shes depressed now too... please help any suggestions are welcome thanks

xperky responded:
I imagine your emotional support is worth a lot to your gf. It helps more than you think!

Sometimes depression comes with being in pain all the time. She might want to talk to her doctor about it, as it can be treated. Depression can also be a side effect of some medicines she takes - another reason she should ask her doc.

It is so nice that you are concerned for her.

Featuring Experts

Scott Zashin, MD is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School and maintains a private practice at Presb...More

Helpful Tips

prednisolone may be more effective than prednisone in some patientsExpert
Rarely I will find a patient who is not getting the response I would expect with prednisone. In those patients, I will sometimes prescribe ... More
Was this Helpful?
35 of 39 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.