Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
severe skin burning/pain
QueenBee612011 posted:
Here's my problem, when the weather is transitioning from winter to summer and vice versa my hands and feel swell! The skin on my hands and feet gets red, super sweaty, pains and burns. There is a slight burn and tingling sensation when i touch things. Example: my hands feel brick cold yet its so sweaty it feels like i just washed my hands without drying it and it hurts, even as i am typing this it hurts. What can this be? I am a healthy young woman and i never been sick in my life. Could this be arthritis? I ask my doctors and they always gave me "its okay just the weather" answer. but this is affecting me everyday where i cannot touch anything. Sometimes i cannot lotion my own skin after a shower because my hands feel so irritated and burning.

oyithurts responded:
Have you been checked for Fibromyalgia, and various autoimmune diseases. You need to see a Rheumy.

Featuring Experts

Scott Zashin, MD is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School and maintains a private practice at Presb...More

Helpful Tips

help with methotrexate side effectsExpert
I recommend all my patients on methotrexate take at least 1 mg of Folic Acid daily to help decrease the risk of side effects. In those ... More
Was this Helpful?
25 of 28 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.