Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
flu vaccination caused RA
jennyx posted:
I am an overall healthy woman. Got flu shot in January, 10 days later, my fingers on both hands felt stiffness in the morning, ever since, finger stiffness stays with me. it will go away after I move around,

My doctor thinks I had RA. I am very upset about flu shot. I wonder if anyone else here had similar experience?

My next question -- How long does it take from stiffness to pain? so far, I have not felt pain yet. but I am scared.

Thank you ,

Jen

beautifulOregon responded:
The pain is different. It is like the flu to me. I ache all over. When asked where I hurt I cover my entire body. At night it is difficult as I cannot just fall asleep as the achiness is horrible.
I would probably say everyone is different. I am very concerned about taking pain meds to the point where I have to have them every 4 to 6 hours. When I told the doctor I took TWO one night as I could not sleep, he said that is ok, do what you must. I have a very good doctor and he has made an appt with a Rheumatologist for me next week. I was treated for fibremialgia for years. Obviously that is what they call something when they cannot figure it out.

maxjmuller responded:
I run a small law firm where the majority of our practice is dedicated to representing the victims of reactions to vaccinations. Please feel free to visit our web site for more information about vaccine claims at www.myvaccinelawyer.com.

There is a government fund that is compensating the victims of vaccine reactions, including arthritis. The government also pays all attorneys' fees associated with these cases. We are always more than willing to provide a free consultation or just some advice.

Featuring Experts

Scott Zashin, MD is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School and maintains a private practice at Presb...More

Helpful Tips

Dry eyes and dry mouthExpert
Patients with RA may develop dryness of the eyes and mouth due to a condition called secondary Sjogrens Syndrome. The dryness is due to ... More
Was this Helpful?
32 of 39 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.