Skip to content
Is narrowing of disc space related to RA?
skinnyones posted:
I'm a 44yr old female with RA for the last 5 years and had been doing great until about 2 months ago. Since then major back and neck pain. Just got Xray results and the Dr. said I was fine but good idea to see my Rheumatologist. The Xray results stated "marked narrowing of c5-6 and c6-7 disc spaces with posterior osteopyhtic spurring causing bilateral bony forminal encroachment". I'm in pain and this doesn't sound "fine" to me. Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance for any help

beautifulOregon responded:
Believe me, I went years with them diagnosing me with fibremialgia. Then one day, I could not take the pain any longer and told my doctor I just cannot take this. My feet give out when I walk up and down stairs, My fingers and toes tingle and sleep is beyond me when the pain sets in at night. He did a blood test and was shocked to find I had Rheumatoid Arthritis. I could have told them this years ago. I see a Rheumatologist next week. I have been on pain meds, but it sounds like pain meds are not the normal meds given to all of you. What drug has worked for you to relieve the pain?

beautifulOregon responded:
Part of my beginning pain with RA was neck pain upper back and arms. Then the legs on their own jerking upward at night. I still have not figured that one out. One leg one night next few days the other leg. Or a popping in my head and being jolted awake No one has told me what causes this? I hope above all that it is not something other than RA. I have not been on the drug long enough (i dont think) to have these side affects. Anyone else have this happen?

Featuring Experts

Scott Zashin, MD is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School and maintains a private practice at Presb...More

Helpful Tips

prednisolone may be more effective than prednisone in some patientsExpert
Rarely I will find a patient who is not getting the response I would expect with prednisone. In those patients, I will sometimes prescribe ... More
Was this Helpful?
35 of 39 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.