Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
RA
An_250968 posted:
This discussion is great! I too have tested negative and for the past five years, I have been treated with for RA. I have been on prednisone, Enbrel, methotrexate and now i currently take Methotrexate with Remicade. My hands are the worse! I don't have any deformity thankfully, but a lot of days, I can barely use my hands. This disease is just horrible. It has taken me awhile to get use to having it because not testing positive for it, but being told that this is what you have because they have ruled out everything else. ugh! My sed rate was elevated only once....My hands are swollen just about everyday due to they type of work I work. It is truly great to hear that there are others that are in the same situation as I am. I have a friend that has RA, but she has tested positive, so we are different in that case.

Featuring Experts

Scott Zashin, MD is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School and maintains a private practice at Presb...More

Helpful Tips

help with methotrexate side effectsExpert
I recommend all my patients on methotrexate take at least 1 mg of Folic Acid daily to help decrease the risk of side effects. In those ... More
Was this Helpful?
26 of 29 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.