Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Anti CCP lab results
ElleFly posted:
About three years ago my joint pain started and I have not been the same since. All the blood tests were normal so my Rheumotologist sent me backing. In Desember I had elevated anti CCP=145 and CRP=40 but was not positive for RF factor. I got a new Rheumotologist who said that probably I had inflammation in the joints allthough he couldnt feel It because I was so sore. He sent a new blood test to another lab. That bloodtest came negative for anti-CCP (I didnt get the value). I got an X-ray which showed no damage to the joints. My new Rheumo says he doesn't know if I have RA or not but he put me on planqinil. This uncertainty bothers me alot. I can't understand why those labs didn't get the same result. should I trust the former lab or not?

xperky responded:
I think I have read that anti-ccp can vary with disease activity. Our numbers can change during flareups, etc. Both numbers were very high. This disease treatment takes so much time and patience on our parts. I hope the plaquenil helps you feel better.

Keep asking questions! I would like to hear what others say about your test results too, since I'm just learning.

Featuring Experts

Scott Zashin, MD is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School and maintains a private practice at Presb...More

Helpful Tips

Rheumatoid Arthritis infographic
Rheumatoid Arthritis is a debilitating condition that can cause inflammation and pain in the joints . In this infographic you will be ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 5 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.