Skip to content
Staci0820 posted:
I just learned that I have RA. I need to know if I should just deal with the pain, take the steroids when I cant talke it, or start these Meds I scared to take. I am 41, I dont know what to do.
knispese responded:
Hi! I would highly recommend taking the meds that you were given. I am 19 and was diagnosed in 2011. I was very scared and nervous to take the medications and it got really bad really fast. Its best to treat RA as soon as you can. The earlier the better! Hope everything works out "661
LadyNerilka responded:
Definitely start the meds as soon as you can. The damage done to your body by RA is irreversible so you need to combat the damage as much as you can. Take the dosage at the frequency your doc prescribed for best results to prevent damage and keep pain at a minimum. If you have insurance I would suggest even looking into biologic drugs, the newest development in meds for RA. We are lucky to have them as an option. Good luck!

Featuring Experts

Scott Zashin, MD is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School and maintains a private practice at Presb...More

Helpful Tips

help with methotrexate side effectsExpert
I recommend all my patients on methotrexate take at least 1 mg of Folic Acid daily to help decrease the risk of side effects. In those ... More
Was this Helpful?
28 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.