Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
All joints seizing in 2 months time
need_some_help_and_answers posted:
My wife and I went to Mexico for a vacation. We're regular people who enjoy regular things(30 years of age). Spent most of our time snorkeling. When we returned home she started to experience joint pain and stiffness. All blood work to date has come back negative. In two short months most of the joints in her body(worst being hands and knees) have become swollen and close to inoperable. Her right knee has developed a Baker's cyst. The pain and swelling is the worst in the morning.

Does RA ever spread this quickly? We are waiting to see a Rheumatologist, but there is a long waiting list. If anyone has any insight to these symptoms we would be very appreciative. thank you.

xperky responded:
I hope your vacation was enjoyable, because it sounds like the return home was painful!

I have heard of cases where RA came on over night and quite severely. In my case, it's been slow and steady.

It can seem like forever to get in to see a rheumy. I hope your wife is getting treatment for her symptoms, in the meantime.

Featuring Experts

Scott Zashin, MD is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School and maintains a private practice at Presb...More

Helpful Tips

Rheumatoid Arthritis infographic
Rheumatoid Arthritis is a debilitating condition that can cause inflammation and pain in the joints . In this infographic you will be ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 5 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.