Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Confused
Haysed posted:
I first went to the Dr because of joint pain in both hands. It was pretty bad. Had blood tests done and began medication for RA. After seeing a rheumatologist was told I didn't have RA and that it could be Lupus. Now on my third visit I am back to having RA. Could someone please tell me how this could be? I have researched both diseases and have multiple symptoms for both. Currently on medication that could give me symptoms so am very confused.

xperky responded:
Hi Haysed. Some people actually have both diseases! Sometimes the treatments are the same if you're lucky. It can take a while, and lots of testing, to figure this stuff out. You must feel lousy right now, wrestling with all those symptoms. Best wishes.

LadyNerilka responded:
I would suggest researching different medications that can be used to treat both diseases and talking with your doc about your options. If a med you are on concerns you let your doc know. Ask him why that is the med for you. Learn as much as you can and ask lots of questions.

Featuring Experts

Scott Zashin, MD is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School and maintains a private practice at Presb...More

Helpful Tips

Dry eyes and dry mouthExpert
Patients with RA may develop dryness of the eyes and mouth due to a condition called secondary Sjogrens Syndrome. The dryness is due to ... More
Was this Helpful?
32 of 39 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.