Skip to content
Question on Aches vs Pain
michel708 posted:
Hi everyone. I have been diagnosed with RA for a year now and take Methotrexate and folic acid which usually keeps the pain at bay. Occasionally I have a flare and have to go on Prednisone. Two weeks ago I did just that-for no reason it just started to hurt in my shoulders that I couldnt even move my body a quarter of an inch without screaming. That is what I call RA Pain. But a few days ago when I was almost weaned off the pred I experienced a constant ache in my arms. from shoulder to fingers-both arms- maybe even a bit in the legs not sure ...... But its not the same Pain I get with the RA. Even just sitting and not moving they just ache. Almost the same kind of feeling i had when I had Mono years ago. I have Chronic Mono or Chronic EB Virus that I take B12 shots for each week. My doc upped the pred again but it isnt making a difference so far. I always thought the RA was the painful episodes. Can it also be these aching episodes as well? I also have cervical spondylosis and a meningioma in the foramen magnum area but I dont think it is that even though my mind goes oh oh the tumor grew. I really dont think that- i was told i would feel something really different like dropping things no strength in dragging foot etc. Right now I'm thinking RA; use of prednisone and weaning down, Chronic EB virus (Mono); ???Any help?

xperky responded:
Hi michel. I complained to my rheumy about muscle aches and he says it could be my RA. It seems some days my arms and/or legs ache. In your case it could be any or all of those things you mentioned! I know it was painful when I weaned off prednisone. Chronic EB virus must be hard to deal with too. You have your hands full. I wish I could help you.

Featuring Experts

Scott Zashin, MD is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School and maintains a private practice at Presb...More

Helpful Tips

Dry eyes and dry mouthExpert
Patients with RA may develop dryness of the eyes and mouth due to a condition called secondary Sjogrens Syndrome. The dryness is due to ... More
Was this Helpful?
35 of 42 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.