Skip to content
Middle of the night flares?
lcover posted:
Hi,

I was diagnosed with RA three years ago and I have been taking monthly injections of Simponi for about 2 1/2 years and it has worked great. Haven't had a flare in 2 years.

Lately I have been waking up in the middle of the night with an extremely painful knee, ankle or foot (knee was the worst). All I kept thinking was this feels like a flare. When I wake up in the morning, I feel fine aside from the regular stiffness in feet, etc. My blood work also showed that my C-reactive protein has gone up a little to 1.3 (previously it's been at 0.. So there is some inflammation.

Has anyone else experienced something like this?

Thanks,
LC

lcover responded:
Whoops...that was supposed to be 0 . 8 on the CRP!

Featuring Experts

Scott Zashin, MD is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School and maintains a private practice at Presb...More

Helpful Tips

jaw pain
I use massage, ice, heat, and pain meds if necessary. I find that when I'm busy consentrating at work, I tend to grind my teeth, which I'm ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.