Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
rituximab
carolerobson posted:
My daughter has had a rituximab infusion 10 days ago, since then she has come off her previous biologic injectio,n steroids sulphozisodine etc, her RA is flaring causing pain and stiffness. Vanessa is going for the follow up infusion in 12 days.
Is it normal for RA symptoms to be worse after infusion before they get better?

Scott Zashin, MD responded:
Whenever I switch drugs in my practice, I always have a concern that while a new drug is needed, it will not be as effective as the prior medication. That being said, it sometimes takes a little while for the new medication to kick in. It would be worthwhile for your daughter to discuss her symptoms with her treating doctor to get their thoughts.

Featuring Experts

Scott Zashin, MD is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School and maintains a private practice at Presb...More

Helpful Tips

mouth sores
I recently read that when one takes methotrexate as many of us do with RA and Sjogrens Syndrome, it can make your levels of folic acid drop ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.