Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Swelling of joints,especially feet
Seventeen16 posted:
Hello everyone! This is my first post...I am 47 years old, and was diagnosed with multiple conditions, 19 years ago. As I have aged, my feet,ankles, & hands , as well as, my left knee, swell terribly. This is very painful , my left foot is worse. I have uncontrollable cramping and stabbing pain- in the arch up to right under my toes(I won't overwhelm you with my life story at this time)Any ideas besides soaking with Epsom salt? Or a bath, which is pins & needles & numbness.. Hands & wrists freak my kids out, due to bulging veins. My skin is burned, from the hips down. Therefor, my ankles will split where the grafting ends, and I have had a few staph infections because of it.And shoes?.....forget about it,

sfonseca7 responded:
I can relate to what you're feeling. Just posted a few minutes ago. We can only take one day at a time and look for tomorrow being a better or good day.
You are not alone.

xperky responded:
Seventeen16, I share your foot pain, but not your burned skin. That must be hard to cope with. Anyway, you might try a prescription of Lidoderm patches on the worst spots on your feet. Some nights I just can't sleep until I put some cut-up pieces on the trouble spots. These patches are different from most as they have lidocaine and actually numb the area for up to 12 hours! I would avoid putting them over the burned areas though, as they are very sticky. I also use SalonPas patches when the pain is not quite as severe. My hand veins freak me out sometimes too. What is that about anyway? Oh well. Good luck to you.

Featuring Experts

Scott Zashin, MD is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School and maintains a private practice at Presb...More

Helpful Tips

Going gluten free
Hi! I just wanted to share my journey with y'all! I am only 24 and have had rheumatoid arthritis Since the age of 12. I was on ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.