Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Get information and reviews on prescription drugs, over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and supplements. Search by name or medical condition.

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Enter the shape, color, or imprint of your prescription or OTC drug. Our pill identification tool will display pictures that you can compare to your pill.

Get Started

My Medicine

Save your medicine, check interactions, sign up for FDA alerts, create family profiles and more.

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

Talk to health experts and other people like you in WebMD's Communities. It's a safe forum where you can create or participate in support groups and discussions about health topics that interest you.

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Got a health question? Get answers provided by leading organizations, doctors, and experts.

Get Answers

All communities will be placed in read-only mode (you will be able to see and search for posts but not start or reply to discussions) as we conduct maintenance. We will make another announcement when posting is re-opened. Thank you for your continued support and patience, and if you have any further questions, please email

Yours in health,
WebMD Community Management

white blood cell count
bleeski posted:
I have rheumatoid disease. Am on meds which lower my immunity. My question is how low does the doctor allow your white cell count to go before worrying? Normal range is around 4-10. I have blood tests every two months. Thanks.
cheymann responded:

I cannot answer your question on white cell count but, I know my doctor takes my blood every month because my red blood cell count went from 344 to 129 while taking Methotrexate. This condition is called thrombocytopenia. He immediately took me off the Methotrexate.....gave my body 3 months without any RA drugs and then put me on the Arava. So far so good. I have had many tests done on all of my immunoglobulins and it was discovered they are very high which is what you want. Hope someone else can answer your question
singingbear responded:
I don't know about your doctor. My WBC was in the 3s for nearly a year. They continued to do blood test every two months. They also did a stool test and iron test to rule out internal bleeding and iron deficiency. Both test showed good results. Beyond that they just kept an eye on the test and it eventually went back up.

Helpful Tips

Dry eyes and dry mouthExpert
Patients with RA may develop dryness of the eyes and mouth due to a condition called secondary Sjogrens Syndrome. The dryness is due to ... More
Was this Helpful?
39 of 46 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.