Knot in calf muscle is this common?
singingbear posted:
I have had trouble with my calves hurting and swelling off and on for the last 2 years. I was diagnosed with RA and osteoarthritis in my knees a year and a half ago and have since been on methotrexate. In the last few months the pain in my calves has gotten worse and I now have a large tender knot to the inside of my right calf. When I walk it stings as though the muscle is trying to rip in two. I called the doctors office when it started getting bad the first time and was given a week of steroids which helped greatly for about two weeks. Now it is back again. I can't straighten my leg all the way and of course when swollen I can't bend it very far either.
The PA at the doctors office just kept saying "how bizarre" when I explained my problem over the phone. Funny how that didn't make me feel any better.
So my question is.....has anyone else experienced this kind of pain or knot. Is this common with RA or is this something unrelated.
I don't even notice the knee pain much anymore because the calf pain is far worse.