Skip to content
sharp pain in hand
sfonseca7 posted:
can RA be the cause of a sharp pain concentrated in 1 finger going up the arm to the shoulder? This pain is limiting ability to grip or pick things up...hair bush etc. ????

PainLube responded:
My dad has osteoarthritis in his knees and shoulders, not to mention scoliosis. A friend told me about a homeopathic pain relief lotion that has worked. After a few applications, his pain was significantly reduced. Now he applies it morning and night. www.PainLube.com Use Promo Code 72346 for FREE shipping & a gift. It has helped my dad so much, I decided to share this with other people.

sfonseca7 replied to PainLube's response:
Thank you for sharing that information. I will look at that site

cheymann responded:
I too have had several flare ups where only 1 finger was inflamed and hurt but, also have experienced my entire hand being swollen and inflamed and unable to even make a fist. I too would experience excruciating pain in my arm, neck and shoulder. The weird thing is this would last all day and then the pain would be gone the next day but, would move over to the other side of my body within a few days time. The only thing that would help reduce the inflammation and swelling is a special pillow that I heat in the microwave. I heat it as much as I can stand the heat. I will do this around 6 times and then I start getting relief. I have learned on my own that "cold" makes it worse.

sfonseca7 replied to cheymann's response:
I'm starting to believe there are no "pat" symptoms' for RA. RA has it's own rules and can change mid-stream with no apparent reason. I think of RA as a monster who lives in my body. HE thinks my body is HIS playground. Being HIS playground.....it's HIS rules! No exceptions! When HE sleeps It's just a gentle rumble of pain all over or any one place. When HE'S awake . .. rested ... look out HE plays hard and ruff!

Featuring Experts

Scott Zashin, MD is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School and maintains a private practice at Presb...More

Helpful Tips

prednisolone may be more effective than prednisone in some patientsExpert
Rarely I will find a patient who is not getting the response I would expect with prednisone. In those patients, I will sometimes prescribe ... More
Was this Helpful?
35 of 39 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.