Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Misdiagnosis?
An_252500 posted:
I hope I don't write this then get bit in the a** but my terrible luck.

I really feel like I was misdiagnosed. I haven't had a flare since January. I suspect my flare was actually tendonities. For the first six weeks of my daughters life every time I breast fed I used my iPhone or I laid on my side and used my iPad by holding my arm in the air until it would cramp. That was sometimes over 6 hours a day of cramped finger typing holding the phone awkwardly. Then I cut down on my use of it and.... I feel a lot better.

I know it's ridiculous. I had knee and hip pain but I think it was partly bad insoles and partly my imagination that made that so bad. My doctor said it wasn't rheumatoid arthritis. Once she said that it went away.

Around this time my shoulder lost mobility. But I went from being totally lazy for months to doing strenuous exercise without any build up.

But otherwise I feel fine. Never had the fatigue others have. I can walk for ages. I often forget my medication. I don't eat well. I don't have any stiffness or swelling. Never had noticeable swelling. I feel like this can't be right. I felt mostly better before I ever started my medications.

All my blood work is borderline. My markers for inflammation are very low, way under the normal maximum range. One test - the CCP - is extremely high. It seems bizarre that only one test can be so off.

I'm really tempted to stop my meds and see what happens.

Confused.

Featuring Experts

Scott Zashin, MD is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School and maintains a private practice at Presb...More

Helpful Tips

Dry eyes and dry mouthExpert
Patients with RA may develop dryness of the eyes and mouth due to a condition called secondary Sjogrens Syndrome. The dryness is due to ... More
Was this Helpful?
32 of 39 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.