Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
RA & OA
sfonseca7 posted:
Next week I will start Cimzia shoots. Will continue with Methotrexate.
I know a total hip replacement is need, Having had one done already I know what it feels like to need the replacement. But this time there is more than the pain of needing a replacement. The pain covers the whole side (hip, thy, knee, calf, shins, ankle, foot & all toes. All this is leading up to my question........I think I should wait for the new med to calm the pain because it might be from the RA?....OA?
Any suggestions or advice?

xperky responded:
You might want to tell your rheumy about the probable surgery. I would have questions about the med and healing, etc. Which should come first? Surgery or new med? It's good you are asking questions about all this. Sorry the pain is so severe.

sfonseca7 replied to xperky's response:
Thanks for the reply. This Monday I will start Cimzia, Will give it a chance to work. Think it's best to control (if possible) the RA before introducing another condition (recuperating from surgery). RA Community has been a wonderful support.. So very grateful you are there for me and so many others..

Featuring Experts

Scott Zashin, MD is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School and maintains a private practice at Presb...More

Helpful Tips

prednisolone may be more effective than prednisone in some patientsExpert
Rarely I will find a patient who is not getting the response I would expect with prednisone. In those patients, I will sometimes prescribe ... More
Was this Helpful?
35 of 39 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.