Skip to content
Just Diagnosed RA Emotional Support and SSI
Steffi_Feffi posted:
Hi Everyone ,

I was just diagnosed with having Chronic RA recently as in2 days ago. My journey started about 8 months ago with random fevers,aches and pains. I put off going to the doctor until about 3 months ago where they found my RA factor was high. I posted on here a couple months ago and got some great supprt so I'm back.

I have seen my rhumey (sp?) twice now the first time was just a chat and a TON of blood work where we found my RA factor was still high with inflammation in the blood thus my diagnosis two days ago. I was prescribed sulfasalazine twice a day to start with all the recommended vitamins and a side of ibuprofen 800 mg.

I've heard some issues with this sulfasalazine is a really bad tummy can anyone tell me their experience and how long before you felt the positive effects?

Also "chronic" RA never heard this distinction before what is that?

Third I need to work I lost my job 3 years ago and then started college soon after. I recently dropped out due to my sickness and fatigue I went from an "A' student to "C" student it almost broke me. I also have two children a 3 year old and a 11 year old. Do I apply for SSI or is it to soon or even necessary? I've already lost so much and my husband as been holding us afloat just barley and we are about to sink we were denied a personal loan. My husband has been just wonderful but I can't keep putting it all on him but yet the thought of starting a new job like this or even working at all just seems so much right now I have a hard time getting the energy to shower.

Thanks for listening!

Featuring Experts

Scott Zashin, MD is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School and maintains a private practice at Presb...More

Helpful Tips

prednisolone may be more effective than prednisone in some patientsExpert
Rarely I will find a patient who is not getting the response I would expect with prednisone. In those patients, I will sometimes prescribe ... More
Was this Helpful?
35 of 39 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.